Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?


I'm Desiree, and I'm the Thrifty Stylist. It's not as though I think I am some kind of fashion icon like Ms. Johnson here, and I'm certainly not employed in any gainful manner in telling anyone what they ought to be wearing (yet, haha). But I do have a lot more fun with clothes than most people, and I am an avid bargain-hunter (and -finder), so what better way to spend my time than blathering on about creating funky, fun looks for almost no cash?

Sometimes I'll take pictures of what I'm wearing; other times I'll draw them (like, if I forgot to take a picture :D). Sometimes I'll feature guest finds from friends who have come upon incredible bargains. Occasionally I'll just feature someone who has amazing, unique style!
I'm in love with Etsy, where I sell my jewelry, yes, but where there are thousands of designers making incredible one-of-a-kind clothes, some of which you just might be able to afford... and I'll share with you my favorite thrifting places in the Boston area and online.
I'm drawn to (read: obsessed with) purple, but I'll try to branch out a little bit into some of the other colors ;)

Oh, and I'm going to write in the royal We. It somehow seems less narcissistic, although it's surely moreso.

Welcome, enjoy, tell us what you think, and please come back soon!

2 comments:

I love (and live on) your comments so thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails