Friday, October 16, 2009

What We Wore: Purple Galore

Big surprise, us in purple, right?? Actually we are pretty sure we wore mostly purple just about every day this week. Woot.


It was snowing when we woke up this morning (not OK! Not at all!) so we decided to end the week of skirts and break out some denim (from Victoria's Secret clearance, ~$30). They are kind of a super flare, which usually helps balance out wider hips (although we're not positive it's working quite right here). This is the debut of a sweater found at Goodwill over the summer ($6). We thought it was burgundy but it turns out to be aubergine. So much for trying to branch out a bit. What we love most is the detailing on the sleeves (complete with tattoo peekage):



Beneath the sweater, Victoria's Secret heathered bra top cami, $10. Scarf from Marshalls, $7.99. Boots, Impo via Famous Footwear, $30.

We snagged another pair of earrings from our shop, originally a custom bridal order that was never paid for (retail price $23). Boo to that fickle bride, but hooray for lovely dramatic sparkly pearl earrings for us.


We're wearing the hair down, so no flower clip today (it doesn't stay well!)

Happy Friday! Hope you're wearing purple, too. We're trying to start a tradition.

6 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you are already aware, purple is a great color on you.

    I'm actually technically wearing it myself- my office is freezing so I'm wearing my purple coat at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great top- I love the detail! Ooh I must have missed the snow here this morning (that god..haha)- it was just raining when I went to work. What part of Boston do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in watertown- it was definitely "wintry mix" but there were snowflakes in there! bad! robin, i covet your purple coat, but i got my new one in teal to try to switch it up a BIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the detailing in the sweater!! you are so pretty! those earrings are pretty dang awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at DSW tonight and tried on 3 pairs of purple shoes........ I'm a complete purple fan :)

    PS. Snow?!!??! ugh...... definitely not okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great on you! I heart purple, and I'm so glad it's a hot color again this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love (and live on) your comments so thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails